Looking For Help?
10 Recruiting Best Practices
Best Practices to Find IDEAL candidates
- Conduct a through profile of your practice and its uniqueness.
- Engage a third party to help assess your style and your practice model. You (and your staff) lack the perspective to do this objectively.
- Document the candidate characteristics that determine IDEAL.
- Describe the PERSON, not the POSITION in your marketing efforts.
- Ensure your recruiting process covers the correct steps in the correct sequence. (See Chapter 5).
Best Practices to accelerate your recruiting effort
- Identify, contact, engage and attract confidential candidates (those who will not post their CV on-line) by making plenty of approach calls.
- Give your staff access to experts with selling prowess (the art and science of persuasion.)
- Learn (or outsource) marketing techniques to attract candidates that fit your model.
- Use marketing messages to filter out candidates that DON’T fit.
- Deal with potential deal killers up front to avoid last minute snags.