Practice Management Recruiting Challenges
The Ten Biggest Mistakes When Recruiting a Physician
- Being perceived as too aggressive or not aggressive enough.
- Not knowing how competition in your market can affect your ability to attract good talent.
- Not knowing how your training, knowledge and experience can help or hurt you during (or after) the recruiting process.
- Will your attrition rate cost you a salary premium?
- How will the pool of available talent affect your negotiations (positively or negatively?)
- Not knowing how physician to population ratios will affect a recruit’s lifestyle and subsequent career choice…. to your advantage or detriment.
- Not knowing how your professional association membership can help or hurt your recruiting success.
- Being uncomfortable “selling” the merits of your practice, and how it can cost you that star recruit. (Knowing what to say, when to say it and when not to).
- Not knowing how to avoid the six hidden deal killers:
- The spouse
- The environment (climate, population, social, cultural, etc.)
- Transition problems
- Personality mismatches
- Money and its distribution
- The spouse and money discussions
- Not following a systematic approach to recruiting (a system).